If travel will be taking you to the southern states soon, be sure to visit Nashville, one of my very favorite places in the USA. This lovely small southern town is just the right size to easily maneuver as a guest, and the people there are exceptionally friendly.
Here are some of the highlights of visiting Nashville, Tennessee:
The downtown area:
- Downtown Nashville is filled with live music, clubs and bars.
- You can visit the Grand Ole Opry, and listen to music from both country legends and the contemporary chart-toppers. Here’s a calendar of upcoming shows.
- If you’re looking to purchase a new pair of boots, you can do so on Broadway- Nashville’s main drag. There are several shops that will fit the bill.
Near Vanderbilt University:
- Maggianos restaurant near Vanderbilt University. It’s got amazing Italian cuisine and is close to downtown, the West End, the Green Hills Mall and Hillsboro Shopping Districts.
- The Parthenon building is centerpiece of Centennial Park, and showcases a re-creation of the 42-foot statue of Athena. It also serves as the city of Nashville’s art museum.
Historic downtown Franklin and close by, and its great restaurants:
- Pucket’s Grocery is a store and eatery that also features live music.
- Zolo’s is located in the heart of Historic Franklin, and offers Italian cuisine. The resteraunt has a charming atmosphere.
- The Belle Meade Plantation Farm offers a look into Southern plantation history.
These things, and so much more, are what makes Nashville such a lovely place to visit. I know you will enjoy any time spent in this gem of a town.